GOTTA SHARE THIS WITH YOU GUYS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Smirf
    Smirf

We Have just returned from a lovely picnic in my triumph 2500s with the family , we drove through the hinterland just behind the Glass house mountains in Brisbane Qld we took the turn off from the Daggy pub up around Mt Mee [if anyone is from here they should know the road ] the road is a regular jaunt for motorcyclists wanting to test the bikes around steep inclines declines and sharp corners , so you all get the idea of the kind of road it is [breathtaking scenery too ] my old girl was just potterring around at the base of the mount when i was being tailgated by a commodore v8 well that was like a red rag to a bull so off we went, and fair play the v8 could have passed me on any straight road but there was no straight road only twists and turns he got close a couple of times [about 400 metres ] but the trumpy just hammered him at every bend and twist it was so pleasing to see him finally back off being thoroughly outclassed by a 1977 triumph on the twisty bits , we stopped at the picnic point at the top and had cakes and coffee and headed down the mountain on the other side at which point i was being hounded by a v6 hilux suv on the downhill run i,m pleased to say there was no competition his truck was a nice colour though even though i could only see his grill and bonnet in the distance [ he got that angry in the town 60kph speed limit i waved him past he was doing about a 100 kph at this stage ] lol

i Just Had to pass that onto anyone that has been hounded and tailgated by drivers in modern cars because they think you are driving a piece of rubbish

Steve M

britishcarfreak
    Keymaster

[b:iei2xx91][size=200:iei2xx91]BAM[/size:iei2xx91][/b:iei2xx91]

Smirf

Doesnt sound good though ,

GlenC

Since I put the super heavy duty front struts and uprated springs on mine it handles like a dream. I often find I’m being tailgated by ‘new’ cars which suddenly vanish in the rear view mirror when I hit a roundabout or a tight bend without having to back off at all.

Oh yeah, mine sounds awesome too. It’s got a stock exhaust manifold, then a couple of tiny mufflers that look like eggs under the body, and a small muffler right at the back. Pipe’s about 2" all the way, only just makes it through the rear suspension arm. Not too loud, nice and mellow, a real clean, sporty note.

Cheers, Glen.

Smirf

Hey Glen C do you know what a BAM IS ? i Think i might be getting slighted by that comment . Pity about the timing of your sale i probably would have bought yours if i hadnt allready bought this one ,

all the best Steve Murphy

GlenC

Steve I don’t think Glen’s (site admin) trying to slight you, he’s not like that.

And as long as you’re happy with your car…. I had the same thing happen to me, I’d owned mine about 3 weeks when I was offered a fireball red 1976 2500TC manual overdrive that belonged to a long term TSOA member in Dubbo NSW. He’d owned it for 20 years, spent an average $1000 per year keeping it mint, and wanted $2500 for it!

Cheers, Glen.

britishcarfreak
    Keymaster

Alright – time to show my respect. Yes BAM is a positive – as in ‘BAM’ take that you foul modern cars.

Unofficially – as I wouldn’t really want to admit to this….. my favourite story was a tourist in a brand new V6 camry 2 years ago – tailing me in a 110km zone – we got to the double carriage bit where it goes up a really long steep hill and turns in quite tightly. He went to go round and I nailed it. We were side by side for a while – but he got left behind when we got to 150kmhr into the bend. Jesus my car felt alive at that point. Steering was finger tip accurate and the front end felt lighter. She was screaming……. tail down squat….

Much respect from the tourist after that.

[b:38o29h63]BAM[/b:38o29h63]

Smirf

Totally impressed Glen J

And WOW Glen C that car would have been awesome for that kind of money
    I,m really happy with mine even though i MIGHT have paid a little on the high side but hey its only money lol

Steve Murphy

GlenC

Yeah, awesome was right! `

Last thing I heard, he sold it to the wife of the local used car dealer to carry her golf clubs to the course a couple of times a week… For $1800.

He told me he did that cause he didn’t want it end up in some kid’s hands who’d wreck it. A few weeks later the car dealer rang me, his wife didn’t like the car (no air-con I suspect) and was I still interested.

Bloody thing had white interior, overdrive, mags, the works I believe.

Cheers, Glen.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account