2500s wiring

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David
    Participant

I have bought a 2500s that needs a lot of sorting out wiring but have been unable to find any info on the aircon system. The parcel shelves are missing and there is a jumble of wires hanging down with no idea what’s what. Is there a wiring diagram for the s model.
    Also the sway bar is missing, can anyone help me with one.

Glen
    Keymaster

Finding an S sway bar shouldn’t be too hard. Depends where you are. I’m running a custom Selby WhiteLine on mine as really they need to be stiffer.

Do you have access to the factory manual or the haynes? They both have wiring diagrams. I can check mine if you need me to.

Site Administrator,
    AKA Glen Johnson from Hobart Tasmania.
    Owner of :
    //www.triumphowners.com/to-car/2500-s-2-7l-pi/
    //www.triumphowners.com/to-car/spitfire-4-mk1/
    //www.triumphowners.com/to-car/stag-mk2-3/

David
    Participant

Thanks Glen, I have found a sway bar but my Haines has nothing about aircon. I think I have figured it out by a process of elimination.
    Dave

Glen
    Keymaster

I’m pretty sure site member Roger King in Tasmania Australia has air con in his 2500S. You may be able to ping him.

Site Administrator,
    AKA Glen Johnson from Hobart Tasmania.
    Owner of :
    //www.triumphowners.com/to-car/2500-s-2-7l-pi/
    //www.triumphowners.com/to-car/spitfire-4-mk1/
    //www.triumphowners.com/to-car/stag-mk2-3/

Rod
    Participant

Gday David
    sorry for the late contact, I’m finding this site very difficult to navigate, far too complicated. Seems most of the old people may have disappeared. I’m in melbourne with a factory (dealer?) fitted aircon 2500S. Does yours have a Mechanical davies craig style thermostat fitted as a form of climate control??
    My wiring was a complete mess so I rewired it completely with new electric fan and relays etc.
    I kept the mechanical thermostat and repositioned the control switches to the refubished dashboard. The 12volt drive to the compressor now is relayed but still comes off the heater fan as original.
    Cheers
    Rod

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account