Sprint exhaust manifold sealing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    britishcarfreak
    Keymaster
    britishcarfreak
    Keymaster

As far as I can figure out it seems that there is no exhaust manifold gasket in a dolomite sprint (between head and manifold). Can someone please advise how a seal is obtained, do you just use goo or what. Is it difficult to get a seal? Also I’ve noticed some people have put ceramic coating on sprint exhaust manifolds, appeals to me as I don’t much like the rusty look, does it last and is it expensive. Or should I just paint with high temp paint?

britishcarfreak
    Keymaster

high temp paint should last well if the manifold is well cleaned / surface rust free before you paint it.

check with speedracer re gasket – you should be able to contact him via his car on this site. https://triumphowners.com/2 (then click on his name above his car image)

britishcarfreak
    Keymaster

Thanks Glenn, I’ll give Garth a call.

Garth
    Participant

Hi Alex,

When sealing my exhaust manifold, i’ve used an aftermarket gasket provided by [url=http://sprintparts.triumphowners.com/:34w484cs]SprintParts[/url:34w484cs].

External ceramic coating certainly lasts and isn’t very expensive.
    Note that if you spill oil on it (by, say, removing the rocker cover) that the oil wont burn off due the reduced manifold surface temp.

Cheers,
    Garth

britishcarfreak
    Keymaster

Thanks Garth, I’ve located the gasket on the Sprintparts product list so I’ll go with that when I finally get time to do a bit of a clean up in the engine bay.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account